Thursday, October 20, 2005

Makan Padang in Swanston Street

Today I am visiting Melbourne and as is my habit I visit the Minang restaurant in Swanston Street. I wrote about it previously at Restaurant Reviews back in 2003. The restaurant is much the same as in 2003. The difference today were the extra vegetarian dishes in the selection of about 16 dishes. Today I had stir fried mixed vegetables, fried fish with chillis, finely sliced liver and bean sprouts.

I was asked if I really wanted the finely sliced liver. As offal is one of my favourites I of course said yes. I expect it might come as a shock to many who might mistake it for finely sliced beef so it was kind of them to ask me.

One thing that has remained the same is the price which was very reasonable and probably cheaper than you could do at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

AUSTRALIAN FOOD BLOGGERS
Ring Owner: Augustus GloopSite: Grab Your Fork
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
Google